- Size available: the capacity is of 12 ounces and a height of 9.5 cm with a width of 9cm.These measurements are approximate as this is a handmade item and dimensions can vary slightly.
- Perfect for everyday use.
- Available in mint green colour.
- It is painted with a speckled glaze. It varies from mug to mug. Sometimes it shows more or fewer speckles.
- Individually glazed, no two are the same.
- Microwave safe.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Sturdy mug.
- Made from stoneware buff clay which contains iron and produces the lovely speckles.
- Food safe. Suitable for containing any type of beverage.
HOW IT'S MADE
- Wheel-thrown on the potter's wheel
- Individually glazed by hand pouring and dipping in the glaze.
- Fired in the kiln twice - Once for it's bisque fire, ready for glazing. Second for its glaze fire (when the kiln heats up to 1250˚C).
- It is not made with moulds.
- It is not mass-produced ware.
- It is not safe from being on top of the stove (or any direct heat/flame).
Slight imperfections are a part of handmade pottery and add character to the mugs I make. This adds to the character, life and uniqueness of each piece.
MADE TO BE USED
Because these mugs are fired to such a high temperature, each tea/coffee mug is very durable. The sturdy handles are very comfortable for holding a hot cup of tea or coffee. No need to wash the mugs by hand - they have no problems going through the dishwasher. If you get any cutlery marks or tea/coffee stains, you can clean them up with any cream cleaner available in some supermarkets. I do this now and again with my own pottery to make them look as new.
PACKAGING AND DELIVERY
I try to dispatch my orders within 3 to 5 days if they are already made.
In some cases the item may be in making process and it could take some more time to dispatch. If you have a specific deadline for your pottery to be with you, please let me know.
All my packaging is either reused and/or biodegradable.
I offer free second class delivery within the UK for this item. If you’d like a quicker service it can be arranged.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
top of page
bottom of page